About this course
This apprenticeship is suitable for anyone that wishes to progress their career towards senior leadership, or to those already in senior leadership roles who wish to develop their skills further, such as:
- Leaders employed in small, medium, or large organisations in the public, private or third sectors and in all areas of the economy
- Leaders who provide clear, inclusive and strategic leadership and direction relating to their area of responsibility within an organisation
- An influencer at a high organisational level, including sometimes at Board (or equivalent) level, who sets the culture and tone across their area of responsibility
- Specific job roles may include; General Manager, Senior Manager, Section Leader, Head Teacher, Executive, Director, COO, CFO, CEO and Senior Military Officer
The Senior Leader Programme will allow apprentices to combine work-based learning opportunities with academic knowledge gained through formal workshops and projects that are relevant to the organisation in which they work.
The Senior Leader Apprenticeship is:
- Designed by industry professionals.
- Suitable as a way to upskill existing employees
- Delivered in small groups with specially designed learning sessions ensuring that apprentices get the most out of their time in workshops and lectures.
- Required to include a minimum of 20% off-the-job learning.
- Funded through the Apprenticeship Levy - no fees are paid by the apprentice.
Successful apprentices will gain a Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Education (with the option to top up to a Master of Business Administration MBA).
If you are unsure if you would be eligible for the apprenticeship, please contact us to discuss it.
Programme duration and delivery
It will typically take 18-months to complete the apprenticeship, however, there may also be opportunities to join part way through the programme if candidates have considerable experience in a particular area. There is an option to undertake an additional 60-credit project after the End Point Assessment to top-up to a Master of Business Administration MBA – this will typically take an additional six to nine months.
Apprentices will benefit from lectures and seminars, delivered at Leeds Trinity University and will be supported by a variety of online workshops, tutorials and independent research activities that can be undertaken in the workplace.