Leeds Trinity top 10 things to do in Leeds
There is so much to do in Leeds, but here's our top 10 things you won't want to miss out on before you graduate.
- Visit The Royal Armouries – Discover the national collection of arms and armour. You can take a look around their 5 exhibitions; War, Tournament, Self-Defence, Hunting, and Arms and Armour of the Orient.
- Shop at Leeds Kirkgate Market – Named as one of the largest indoor markets in Europe, you’ll find many different traders and stalls.
- Leeds Corn Exchange – Here you’ll find a range of quirky independent shops and eateries. There are often exhibitions held in their lower ground space.
- Visit a gallery – Leeds is bursting with culture, the city's galleries are the perfect way to explore it's history, art and more, especially on a rainy day!
- Be amazed by the County Arcade – It's said that when you visit, you’ll be transported back to the Victorian era. Other than the architecture, you’ll also find some of the city's high end shops, equally as spectacular to gaze upon.
- Trek around Roundhay Park – Famously known for its wonderful pond, you can also often find people snowboarding down the bigger hills in winter.
- Drink at breweries – Leeds has a booming craft beer scene. Sit yourself down and be ready to blow your tastebuds away with flavours of the North.
- Dance the night away at a Leeds event – Leeds is host to so many amazing festivals. Leeds Festival is often at the top of the list, but you wouldn’t want to miss some of the others that come around, including Leeds west Indian Carnival, Slam-Dunk, Leeds Pride and Light Night to name a few.
- Take part in Leeds Owl Trail – A citywide pleasure is the sighting of a Leeds owl, in fact there are 25 to be spotted along the trail. You can pick up a map and scout them out around the city.
- Watch a show at the Leeds Grand Theatre – Packed with her own history, the theatre is known as “The Grand Old Lady of Leeds” to the locals. Other than exquisite theatrical productions, you’ll also find performances from; Opera North and Northern Ballet, the best of the West End and other touring productions.