Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) preparation courses
Leeds Trinity University has been providing Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) preparation courses for many years. We are one of the most established and highly regarded providers in the region and part of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership. We are also a key partner in the HLTA North Consortium, which provides assessment and information for existing and aspiring HLTAs.
Online HLTA programme
The Leeds Trinity online programme will consist of supported and self-directed study, access to online materials and guidance, and five mandatory webinars. Please click on the link below for further details and the application form.
National HLTA Standards
We use the National HLTA Standards during the assessment and to verify HLTA status.
Applications are welcomed from Teaching Assistants in all types of schools. In order to meet the entry requirements, applicants must:
- be employed in an educational setting
- have the full support of their headteacher
- have appropriate level 2 qualifications in English and Maths (these are normally GCSE grade C and above or Adult Literacy and Numeracy level 2).
Applicants without Level 2 qualifications can be offered HLTA entry tests.
Confirmation of application
Candidates who have received a letter confirming a place on a programme can download the Pre-Course Checklist.
- Leeds applications for the face-to-face Leeds programme are operated by the local authority on our behalf. Please contact Jenny Davis on 0113 378 6747, or email email@example.com
- Details of our partners who provide courses in Bradford, York, Sheffield, Liverpool and elsewhere across the north of England can be found on the HLTA North website.
All start dates are to be confirmed, however, each intake will run in the following months:
For information on start dates and to reserve a place on any of the future courses please complete the application form and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.