The Leeds Trinity University Conference for Teachers and Advisers, now in its eighth year, offers up-to-date information and resources to support you in advising students through their journey to higher education.
The theme of the 2021 conference was the opportunity and attainment gap experienced in disadvantaged communities and how, by working together, we can better support aspiration and engagement.
The 2021 conference took place between Monday 17 May and Friday 21 May.
The following presentations were delivered over the five days:
- Vice-Chancellor Professor Charles Egbu opens the Conference
- Charlie Smith, UCAS Digital Learning Developer - The UCAS perspective: Application trends, the impact of COVID–19 and what’s new for 2022 entry
- Ria Bhatta Preparing for 2021 university entry, Pearson BTEC and teacher-assessed grades
- Emma Turner Lindley – Leeds Trinity University Admissions Update
- Lauren Cobb, Senior Student Recruitment Officer - A Subject Focus: The value of tasters for Year 12, Virtual and On-Campus
- Hannah Fraser Destinations Manager – Elliot Hudson College, Leeds - The progression Challenge an IAG Perspective: Trends and top tips
- Lauren Cobb, Senior Student Recruitment Officer & Kim Burmiston Schools and Colleges Engagement Officer - Supporting Pre-16 Students
- Sophia Milnes, Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager - It’s all about Bradford. Facts, figures, myth busting
- Bruce Rainford, Associate Principal Lecturer, Leeds Trinity University - Foundation Year: A foundation for success
You can watch the opening address from Professor Charles Egbu and download all the presentations below:
Leeds Trinity Education Network
The Conference for Teachers and Advisers is delivered through the Leeds Trinity Education Network (LTEN). To receive updates from the Network, such as monthly newsletters, invitations to future events, and links to useful blogs and podcasts, sign-up here.
Get in touch
If you’d like any further information or have any questions, please contact the Schools and Colleges Liaison Team by email or via phone on 0113 283 7186, email: SCLHello@leedstrinity.ac.uk