The Leeds Trinity University Inspire Programme has been supporting teachers, advisers and students for many years and helps you to meet key Gatsby benchmarks.
This programme of presentations, workshops and activities is designed to inspire students to progress and succeed in higher education.
Explore our engagement activities below and read more about each event. Get in touch to discuss your needs or to book.
- Subject Focus Days (Year 12)
- December / June
- Post 16 presentations (Year 12)
- Post 16 Summer School (Year 12)
- Subject Focus Days (Year 13)
- December only
- Post 16 presentations (Year 13)
- Personal Statement Feedback Service (Year 13)
- Pre-16 weeks
- Student life presentations
- Mock interview support
Teachers and Advisers
- Information, Advice and Guidance sessions
- To be confirmed
Contact us by email to discuss or book: SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk.
Subject Focus Days
What is a Subject Focus Day?
Subject Focus Days take place twice a year, in December and June, are designed to provide Year 12/13 and Year 1/2 college students with an experience of what it would be like to study specific subjects at Leeds Trinity University as well as gaining exposure to careers in the wider industry. Based on our deep-rooted values surrounding employability, each subject area is aligned to a sector to also provide wider labour market information during the visit.
Why bring a group of students to a Subject Focus Day?
- Simple booking system - we take care of all aspects of your booking.
- We will provide free travel and lunch for all guests.
- Inspire your students in specific subject areas and careers.
- Make contacts with university staff for future engagement.
What to expect on the day?
- The day with run from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
- You’ll begin your day with a welcome talk about careers and employment prospects in the sector you’re interested in.
- Campus tour delivered by our Student Ambassadors.
- A free, tasty lunch.
- Subject activity led by our lecturers. A chance for students to ask questions and find out what to expect if they studied this area at university.
- Next step presentations including UCAS and student finance.
Schedule for 2023-2024 Subject Focus Days
December 2023 Subject Focus Days
The December Subject Focus Days are aimed at Year 12 / Year 1 college students, as well as Year 13 / Year 2 college students who are undecided about university or their course.
|Business||Monday 4th December 2023|
|Construction / Quantity Surveying||Monday 4th December 2023|
|Computer Science||Monday 4th December 2023|
|Sport and Leisure||Tuesday 5th December 2023|
|Biomedical Science||Wednesday 6th December 2023|
|Health and Social Care||Wednesday 6th December 2023|
|Nursing||Wednesday 6th December 2023|
|Psychology||Wednesday 6th December 2023|
|Criminology and Policing||Thursday 7th December 2023|
|Law||Thursday 7th December 2023|
|Early Childhood Studies / Working with Children, Young People and Families||Friday 8th December 2023|
|Philosophy, Ethics and Religion||Friday 8th December 2023|
|Primary Education||Friday 8th December 2023|
|English||Monday 11th December 2023|
|Film / Photography / TV Production||Monday 11th December 2023|
|Games Design||Monday 11th December 2023|
|Journalism||Monday 11th December 2023|
June 2024 Subject Focus Days
This is targeted at Year 12 / Year 1 college students only. We will be repeating the above schedule in June 2024; dates will be announced later in the academic year.
How to book
To book or register an interest in our December 2023 or June 2024 Subject Focus Days, please email SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk or your Schools and Colleges Engagement Officer contact directly.
Post-16 Presentations at your school or college
We can deliver presentations at your school or college, or online covering the following topics:
- Choosing a course at university
- Why university? The UCAS journey
- How to write an excellent personal statement
- Student life at Leeds Trinity University (delivered with our student ambassadors)
- Student finance
- Subject presentations available on request
Contact us by email on SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk or chat to Ammarah, our Senior Student Recruitment Officer via Unibuddy to request an Inspire presentation or workshop.
Each of these topics may be delivered as:
In school or college delivery:
- 15-minute presentation e.g. For an assembly.
- 45-minute interactive workshop.
- Short video with key takeaway points to play during PSHE or registration.
- 30-minute interactive session.
Personal Statement feedback service
This service is an opportunity for students to individually submit one draft of their UCAS personal statement to our Schools and Colleges Engagement team.
In return, students will receive personalised feedback on their structure, relevance to the course as well as spelling, punctuation and grammar. To submit a personal statement, students must be applying for a course that the University offers, and feedback will be provided within 7 working days of submission via email.
This service is available throughout the year and it can be accessed .
Post-16 Summer School
The Post-16 Summer School is our widening participation programme for young people in Year 12 / Year 1 of college who have the talent and drive to go to university, but who may need additional support with the application process and understanding of what is possible for them at university and beyond.
This residential will take place from Tuesday 9th – Thursday 11th July 2024, and due to limited spaces, eligible students will be required to complete an application form individually.
For more information, please see the Post-16 Summer School page.
Care Experienced Young People
We provide additional support for young people who are both in and leaving care and who are considering university. We offer an enhanced package of advice and guidance throughout their application process and university experience. We also provide a Care Leavers’ Bursary.
For more information, please see the care leavers page.
Train to Teach Workshops
These can be delivered online or in school/college. They have been designed to support Year 13/Year 2 college students with the application process for an undergraduate degree in Primary Education at Leeds Trinity University, including UCAS personal statement and interview preparation.
An online Train to Teach webinar for Primary Education applicants will take place on Thursday 16 November from 6.00pm to 7.00pm. Individuals can book their place by emailing SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk
Pre-16 workshops and events
We have a number of opportunities available for pre-16 students, which include:
- Year 8, 9 and 10 HE Experience Days will take place on our Horsforth campus for eligible cohorts from Monday 6th May – Friday 17th May 2024.
- Student Life question and answer sessions with our Student Ambassadors. This can range from 20 to 45 minutes, streamed live or delivered in school.
- Mock interview sessions in school.
To book or make an enquiry about Pre-16 workshops and events please email SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk
Teachers and Advisors
Workshops for Teachers and Advisers
We offer events for Information, Advice and Guidance specialists throughout the year. To book or find out more information, visit our Workshops for Teachers and Advisers page.
Information evenings at your school or college
We would love to support you by attending your progression, careers or parent information events to offer guidance to Year 12 / Year 1 college and Year 13 / Year 2 college students.
Contact the Schools and Colleges Engagement Team
If you would like to book onto any events, workshops, visits or discuss anything at all, please contact us by the following:
- Call us on: 0113 283 7186
- Email: SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk.
- Message the Student Recruitment and Outreach Team on Unibuddy.
- Follow and Tweet us on https://twitter.com/LeedsTrinitySCE